- This event has passed.
Watercolor Christmas Cards – with Chris Blevins and Suzi Vitulli
December 1, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for a full day of painting fun and whimsical Christmas Cards. We have several patterns to choose from, and Suzi and I will both be there to walk you through every step. Patterns range from super easy to intermediate. Are you up for a challenge? Or would you just like a day of play time? Or maybe a little of both. Come and start the holiday season and do something fun for yourself, and then have some lovely cards to give to your friends and loved ones. Glitter may be involved, so you may get sparkly. Heehee.
Please note, some supplies are provided, some are not. See supply list below for what you need to bring. We’ll be providing
- Card stock (to mount your watercolor paintings on to
- Double sided crafter’s tape (for the mounting)
- Glitter glue (and oh boy, do we have lotsa colors for ya!)
- And a few other goodies
Usually, a full-day, two-teacher workshop runs $85. But as a Thank You and Happy Holidays to you, we’re setting the price at $70. Plus, we’re offering an additional $5 discount if you pay a portion of the registration in cash at the event. 🙂
Please be aware we do have a cancellation policy, which you can see here.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you for some holiday watercolor fun!
Suzi and Chris
NOTE. Pre-registration is required as well at least partial payment in advance. The third ticket type, “Paid $70 in person Art on the Columbia at time of registration” is only if you are at the Art on the Columbia store at the time of registration and you paid them directly via cash or check vs online with a credit card. This ticket type is not designed to allow for payment at the event.
Bring your regular watercolor gear (board, palette, water buckets, etc.) In particular, you’ll be using:
- Brushes: An assortment of Rounds, including a #1 or #2 size. Any of the brands Art on the Columbia carries will work if you need a small Round.
- Paper: 140 lb Arches cold press. Art on the Columbia carries this as well.
- Black Micron pen: size 1.0 or .08. AOTC carries these.
- Sakura White Gel pen. AOTC carries these.
- 2H Pencil and Gum Eraser. Yep, AOTC carries these as well.
- Paints. Please, no student or academy grade paints, only artist/professional quality. Bring what you have, or If you’re wanting to add some new colors to your repetoire, here are some of our favorites we’ve used in the past for watercolor Christmas images.
- Holbein Alizarin Crimson
- Daniel Smith Quinacridone Rose
- Holbein Brilliant Orange
- Holbein Permanent Yellow Orange
- Holbein Lemon Yellow
- Holbein Gamboge Nova
- Holbein Hookers Green
- Holbein Sap Green
- Holbein Peacock Blue
- Daniel Smith or Holbein Prussian Blue
- Daniel Smith Electric Blue (yep, this is a sparkly one!)
- Holbein Permanent Violet
- Daniel Smith Iridescent Shimmer
Artwork © Chris Blevins or Suzi Vitulli. All Rights Reserved.